Body Contouring – BTL Exilis Elite™
What is BTL Exilis Elite™?
It is a state of the art system that operates by using a combination of technologies: radiofrequency, ultrasound and advanced cooling.
It is used to*:
- Reduce fat volume in areas by destroying the targeted fat cells
- Treat ageing concerns by plumping out fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighten the skin in the treated area for a more youthful appearance
- Contour the body to give a smoother and improved shape
How does it work?
Each section/area is treated for 10 minutes. The system operates on three levels:
1. The treated area is exposed to the thermal waves to shrink the targeted fat cells. The unique combination of the Monopolar RF system and Ultrasonic energy separates the fat cells in their clusters. This provides pin pointed energy delivery to the adipose tissue. The fat cells are then separated into 3 components:
- Fatty acids
The water and glycerol are absorbed through your lymphatic system to be disposed of through urination. The fatty acids are converted into energy after it is processed by the liver.
2. The Monopolar RF and Ultrasound waves break the weakened collagen fibres. Your body then starts it natural healing process and formulates newer and stronger collagen. This leaves you with a strengthened skin structure and improves your skin laxity (as seen in the picture bellow).
Exilis Elite™ Collagen Remodelling Process
3. Lastly, the cooling works to control the depth of the treatment. It starts by emitting a temperature of 10°C for the first 7 minutes of the treatment. This temperature allows the radiofrequency and ultrasound to reach the deeper fat layers. Your aesthetic therapist will then switch to 20°C for 90 seconds to target fat layers closer to the surface. The last 90 seconds are used to tighten the skin and improve the appearance in your skin tone, texture and quality by stimulating collagen and elastin formulation.
Exilis Elite™ Advanced Cooling System
What areas can be treated?
- Face (only skin tightening)
- Bra bulges
- Mons Pubis
- ‘Kankles’ – fatty deposits around the ankles
- ‘Banana roll’ – fatty deposit below the buttocks
- Vaginal rejuvenation (great alternative to vaginoplasty)
YOUR ANSWER TO COMPLETE BODY REJUVENATION
Is this treatment suitable for me?
It is a safe procedure and can be done for most people. There are however some contra-indications that might rule you out. They are:
- Pregnancy or Breast feeding
- Metal implants
- Pace makers
It is also suitable for your problematic areas that won’t budge by dieting or going to the gym.
How many sessions would I need?
It is recommended that you have 4-6 treatments every 7-10 days. You will be able to see results from the first treatment. However, optimal results can only be seen approximately one month after your 4th – 6th treatment (depending on which area and concern is being treated). We also recommend that you have a maintenance treatment or course every 6 months to maintain your results*.
What can I expect from this treatment?
During the treatment you can expect a heat sensation on the treatment area. If the temperature becomes uncomfortable and you feel that the heat is too much you can ask your therapist to adjust the settings to your liking, however the heat has to remain intensive enough for the treatment to work.
Post treatment the skin will have a warm comforting feeling. You are able to return to your normal routine of working, exercising and running around after the kids.
Photo supplied by BTL Aesthetics South Africa*
Please note that results vary per individual*
Contact us for more information and a quote.
Top tip for this treatment
Drink lots of water while doing a course (2 liters per day)