Body Contouring – BTL Exilis Elite™
What is BTL Exilis Elite™?
It is system that operates by using a combination of technologies: radiofrequency, ultrasound and advanced cooling.
It is used to:
- Reduce fat volume in targeted areas
- Treat fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighten the skin through collagen remodelling
- Improve the contour of the body
How does it work?
Each section/area is treated for 10 minutes. The system operates on three levels:
1. The treated area is exposed to the thermal waves that are designed to shrink the targeted fat cells. The unique combination of the Monopolar RF system and Ultrasonic energy separates the fat cells in their clusters. This allows for pin pointed energy delivery to the adipose tissue. The fat cells are then separated into 3 components:
- Fatty acids
The water and glycerol are absorbed through the lymphatic system to be disposed of through urination. The fatty acids are converted into energy after it is processed by the liver.
2. The Monopolar RF and Ultrasound waves break the weakened collagen fibres. The body then prompted to start it natural healing process to formulate newer and stronger collagen (as seen in the picture bellow).
Exilis Elite™ Collagen Remodelling Process
3. Lastly, the cooling works to control the depth of the treatment. It starts by emitting a temperature of 10°C for the first 7 minutes of the treatment. This temperature allows the radio-frequency and ultrasound to reach the deeper fat layers. The aesthetic assistant will then switch to 20°C for 90 seconds to target fat layers closer to the surface. The last 90 seconds are used to tighten the skin and improve the appearance of the skin tone, texture and quality.
Exilis Elite™ Advanced Cooling System
What areas can be treated?
- Face (only skin tightening)
- Bra bulges
- Mons Pubis
- ‘Kankles’ – fatty deposits around the ankles
- ‘Banana roll’ – fatty deposit below the buttocks
- Vaginal rejuvenation (great alternative to vaginoplasty)
What are the contra-indications?
It is a safe procedure and can be done for most people. There are however some contra-indications that might rule you out. They are:
- Pregnancy or Breast feeding
- Metal implants
- Pace makers
It is also suitable for problematic areas that won’t budge by dieting or going to the gym.
How many sessions are recommended?
It is recommended that each patient have 4-6 treatments every 7-10 days. We also recommend that you have a maintenance treatment or course every 6 months to maintain your results.
What are the treatment expectations?
During the treatment, there will be a heat sensation on the treatment area. If the temperature becomes uncomfortable the aesthetic assistant will adjust the settings to the clients liking, however the heat has to remain intensive enough for the treatment to work. It is important to note that the hand piece has a temperature control that will not go over the supplier approved settings.
Post treatment the skin will have a warm comforting feeling. You are able to return to your normal routine of working, exercising and running around after the kids.
Please note that results may vary per individual.
Contact us for more information and a quote.
Top tip for this treatment
- Drink lots of water while doing a course (2 litres per day)