Facial Analysis with the VISIA®
This system combines IntelliFlash®, cross-polarized and UV lighting to photograph surface and subsurface skin conditions.
How does it work?
The Visia® will take three sets of pictures each from a different angle (front, left and right). You will be asked to close your eyes while this takes place and will be able to see 3 flashes and hear their clicks. This is done using normal light, polarized light and ultra violet light. Once this is done, the aesthetic assistant will ask you to open your eyes and sit back while she processes your results. These different photos separate your results into 8 different categories. They are:
- Spots – these are typically brown or ed skin lesions including freckles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation and vascular lesion.
- Wrinkles – these are the furrows, folds and creases in the skin. It measures actual wrinkles due to skin degradation as well as dehydration lines. The machine will show you the difference.
- Texture – a measure of the skin’s smoothness.
- Pores – the amount and size of your sebaceous gland openings.
- UV spots – the amount of melanin that coagulated below the skins surface due to sun damage.
- Brown spots – the amount of lesion on the skin such as hyperpigmentation, freckles, lentigines and melasma.
- Red areas – the percentage of redness due to conditions like acne, inflammation, rosacea and spider veins.
- Porphyrins – the amount of bacterial excretions on the skin (oiliness) including those that cause blockages.
Picture: overview of an analysis (found on Canfield website) **
Each of these categories are expressed in a percentage and is compared to that of your own age group (50% being the average of your age group).
The aesthetic assistant will send you home with samples and work out a treatment and product plan that will be sent on to you once completed. This treatment plan will contain various options to choose from, mainly separated by the aggressiveness of the treatments and amount of sessions required.
We recommend that all our clients do this assessment before any treatments. We can then store a copy in your file for future reference. We use these as a basis for treatment plans and to compare with your results post your treatment course.
- Pregnancy and breast feeding
Is it safe?
There is no downtime or side effects with this treatment. It is safe to use but we do need patient and doctor consent for patients with light sensitivity disorders like epilepsy.
What else should I know?
There are also other features to the VISIA®. They are:
- TRUSKIN AGE® – this tells you your true skin age compared to that of the data base average. We often find that the one side of your face is rated older than the other side.
- 3D Viewer – sections of the skin can be viewed in 3D is great to analyse the depth of wrinkles and pores.
- Age Simulation – the VISIA® can show you what you would look like5-7 years younger or older, in the spot/wrinkle or both categories.
- Percentile scores – the database which your age group average is based on consist of the world’s largest skin feature database to grade your patient’s skin relative to others of the same age and skin type.
Picture: TRUSKIN® assessment (found on Canfield website) **