Fat Dissolving Injections
We now offer a treatment that helps break down and dissolve unwanted fatty deposits with lipolytic injects into the targeted area with almost no downtime and minimal discomfort!!!
This helps to improve the shape of the body and remove unwanted fatty pockets like the double chin, love handles and fatty pockets around the knees, to name a few.
Picture: Example of areas that can be marked for treatment
How does it work?
You will need to be assessed by one of our Doctors to see if the areas are treatable. At the time of the procedure, the doctor will mark and take before pictures of the area to be treated. Then the lipolytic containing Deoxycholate is injected into the predetermined areas. The fat dissolving injections target the membranes of the fat cells, causing them to be damaged and breakdown. The body then removes these broken and damaged fat cells through the lymphatic system as they are no longer recognised as complete healthy cells. It is important to drink at least 2L of water a day during your treatment to help your body with the removal of these broken and damaged fat cells.
This treatment can be combined with our BTL Exilis Elite Treatment to help you get optimum results in fat reduction, cellulite improvement and skin tightening.
Who is it for?
This treatment is ideal for people who have a normal BMI and are not significantly overweight. A healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet is necessary to maintain the results.
To be a good candidate for the fat dissolving injections, the patient should have realistic expectations about the treatment’s capabilities. While the treatment can help to improve a person’s appearance and self-confidence, it won’t necessarily match your mental ideal, nor will it cause other people to act differently toward you*.
Before any patient decides to have the treatment done, they need to think carefully about their expectations and discuss them with the doctor during the consultation visit.
The Deoxycholate injections can be administered anywhere the body stores fat, typically:
- Underarms (“Bat Wings”)
- Flanks (“Love Handles”)
- Thighs (inner and outer)
What are the contra-indications?
- Allergies to any of the ingredients of the product
- Liver and kidney problems (precaution, consult with a doctor first)
- Diabetes (precaution, consult with a doctor first)
What are the benefits?
The advantages of the fat dissolving injections over other forms of lipo-destruction include:
- Most importantly – lower cost!
- Safety – as the fat dissolving injections is considered to be safer than traditional liposuction.
- No downtime.
- Minimal bruising, if any.
How many treatments are needed?
Each patient’s treatment plan will vary depending on the size of the treatment area, dosage of the mixture and the stubbornness of the fatty pockets. The average number of treatments done varies between 2-5 treatment sessions, using anything from 2-6 vials per session. The treatment intervals are anything from 4-8 weeks.
What must be done after treatment?
Instructions among others are:
- To wear an elasticised garment on the treated area for two weeks.
- No high-impact exercise for two weeks, but don’t stop exercising (cycling, walking and rowing are good low impact aerobic exercises).
- All patients will need to attend two follow-up consultations. This is to check on their results and to address any concerns they may have in their recovery phase.