Hair Loss Treatment
This is an injectable treatment administered in the scalp to help improve hair growth or to help prevent further hair loss. Hair Filler is a unique form of non-animal, 0.7% Hyaluronic Acid and peptide complex. By injecting this around the hair follicles it allows the solution to spread to give maximum results.
How does it work?
You will see one of our doctors for an assessment. They will then determine whether you need to have the treatment done or not. Should you be a good candidate and want to go ahead with the treatment, the doctor will book your next appointment or do the treatment in your first consultation.
The doctor will clean the area and inject the filler into the dermis in a specific pattern (each injection about 1cm apart). The doctor will then clean the area again and you will be good to go.
You can expect the following 72 hours post treatment: Redness, swelling, oedema, hematomas, itching and slight pain at the injection area.
You can opt for a topical anaesthetic to be applier an hour before your treatment, as the treatment can cause minor discomfort, but this is not necessary.
What are the benefits?
Studies have shown that the treatment helps to:
- Promote increase blood circulation to the scalp and hair follicles*
- Revitalise hair follicles and helps with Hair stem cell proliferation*
- Induce hair growth by increasing the size of the hair follicle*
- Prevent hair loss*
- Maintain hair growth*
Who is it for?
This treatment can be administered for people who:
- Suffer from Alopecia
- Have general thinning of their hair and would like to prevent further hair loss
- Have damaged their hair through braiding, harsh hair treatments and hair dyes etc.
- Have had hair transplants and would like to increase the longevity of their treatment
- Would like healthier and stronger hair especially as they age
What are the contra-indications?
You can’t have this treatment done if you suffer from the following:
- Allergy to any of the actives within the product
- Skin diseases/changes/infections in the treatment area (treatment could make it worse)
- Taking immuno-suppressants, undergoing cortical therapy, with autoimmune disease history, patients with uncompensated diabetes, acute joint rheumatics, repetitive angina, and endocarditis (precautionary)
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
Discuss all your conditions with the doctor prior to doing your treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
You will need 4x treatments. This will be broken up into 1x Treatment every 2 weeks. You can do a maintenance treatment, every 8-16 weeks, or even follow it up with a maintenance course. This will depend on your results or maintenance plan discussed with the doctor. We also charge per syringe and a full head treatment can use more than one syringe depending on the severity of the hair loss.
What must I do after the treatment?
You must avoid the following for 24 hours post your treatment:
- Washing your hair/head
- Use of topical creams on the head
- Use of any other treatments on the head
Don’t do anything to the area and make sure you change you pillow case to a clean one.