Herbal Peel – Green Peel®
The Original Green Peel®, formulated by a German Aesthetician, uses 8 unique and natural herbs (visible and micro) to create a skin resurfacing treatment with maximum results and minimal down time. This peel turns over the skin in just 5 days and can be done at 3 different levels. These levels are:
- Green Peel® Fresh Up. This gives you that renewed and glowing skin without the peeling effect. It is often done post level 3+ treatments to remove the last bit of roughage or before an event or even when you feel like your skin just needs a pick me up.
- Green Peel® Energy. This is the step up from the Fresh Up and it starts to treat your more serious concerns like pores, fine lines, pigmentation, acne etc. You might experience slight flaking on certain areas but not all over the face. 2-3 days down time.
- Green Peel® Classic. The Classic is the strongest of all three levels and treats all the concerns mentioned bellow, much more aggressively. You will peel and feel slightly dry during the 5 days of ‘down time’.
Picture of Green Peel® on a clients face
How does it work?
After a few preparation steps, a scoop of the herbs is mixed with a concentrate and foam and then applied to the skin like a mask. The esthetician then massages the mix into your skin. Some of the larger particles stay on the surface, while the micro particles are pushed into the layers of the skin. It will feel like an abrasive scrub and for the next few days, your skin will feel like pins and needles to the touch. You do need to avoid touching the skin except when applying your post care as the bacteria from the touch can cause a break out.
The micro herb particles sit in the layers of your skin for the 5 days of healing and continues to stimulate collagen, improve oxygen transfer to the cells and treat your other concerns.
You will also be required to use the Green Peel Post Care Kit by Dr Schrammek for the 5 days post your treatment. The kits we sell, lasts you for +-20 days (enough for a course of 4 treatments) when used as recommended.
Click here to find out more about the different herbs in this peel.
What are the indications for this treatment?
The following concerns can be treated with the Green Peel®:
- Rough and dull texture
- Signs of Ageing
Please note: only the size of your two hands put together/face can be treated per day. This peel can cause hyper tension with all the herbs if overused.
What are the contra-indications?
- Allergy to any of the ingredients of the peel.
- Grade 4 acne.
- Hypertension/hypersensitivity (Precautionary – need to inform your esthetician for doctor approval)
- Use of any skin sensitizing medication in the last 6 months.
- Use of Vitamin A/Retinol products in the last 5 days.
- Herpes (Precautionary – need to inform your esthetician for doctor a script to take preventatively)
What can I expect during the down time?
Your skin will be red, this you can conceal with the BB cream in your post care kit as it helps to cover and calm down your skin. You might also get a breakout or two if you are prone to breakouts. We will just put you on the purifying post care kit to help prevent this. Your skin will also be itchy and might flake, depending on the strength of your peel done. This is normal, but you should avoid scratching and picking completely.
Contact us for more information.
P.S. Here are some Myths regarding the Green Peel® , supplied by our Dr Schrammek distrubutors in South Africa – Evolution Cosmetics GREEN PEEL MYTHS