Mesotherapy – Dermapen™
Mesotherapy is the introduction of a cocktail of vitamins, minerals, co-enzymes and amino acids just beneath the epidermis. Each ingredient has a specific action within the cells of the treatment area and they work to improve the signs of ageing.
How does it work?
The Dermapen™ uses micro-needling technology and has a phenomenal effect on collagen and elastin rejuvenation. Active ingredients from the products used are delivered to the deeper layers of the skin via the micro-channels. The small footprint of the device makes it ideal for treating hard to reach areas such as around the eyes, nose and mouth. The Dermapen™ is also used to help improve the appearance of scarring and pigmentation.
This mechanism of injury doesn’t tear the skin like dermal rollers, which makes the Dermapen™ less traumatic to the skin. The treatment is performed by moving the pen over the skin, creating several micro-channels. Our aestheticians uses a topical anaesthetic before the treatment to numb the face thus minimizing the discomfort.
Which areas can be treated?
- Full face
- Localised areas on the body
How many sessions are recommended?
We recommend 1 treatment once a month for 4 months, with a maintenance treatment every 6+ months.
Is there any downtime?
Depending on the depth of the treatment the downtime can vary from no downtime to 3-5 days downtime. Our clients can expect some redness and swelling especially if their skin is sensitive or if we perform a very aggressive treatment. This can last anything from 2-5 days, once again depending on the depth of the treatment.
What is the Dermapen™ treatment indicated for
The Dermapen™ is used to treat:
- Fine and medium wrinkles
- Slack skin
- General rejuvenation of the skin
- Stretch marks
- Skin hydration
- Skin quality, texture and appearance
Contra-indications for the treatment
- Keloid scarring
- History of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
- History of actinic (solar) keratosis
- History of herpes simplex infection (need to go on preventative medicine before and after the treatment)
- Presence of raised moles, warts or any raised lesion in the treatment area
- Scleroderma (connective tissue disease)
- Collagen vascular disease or cardiac abnormalities
- Rosacea and blood clotting
- Active bacterial or fungal infections
- Immune suppression
- Scars less than 6 months old
You can read more about the Dermapen™ on their website: http://dermapen.com/
Please note: you will need to consult with one of our qualified professional staff members to get a better idea of the number of treatments you will need for your specific condition, as well an indication of the ideal intervals between these treatments.