Mesotherapy – Dermapen™
Mesotherapy is the introduction of a cocktail of vitamins, minerals, co-enzymes and amino acids just beneath the epidermis. Each ingredient has a specific action within the cells of the treatment area and they work to improve the signs of ageing.
How does it work?
The Dermapen™ uses micro-needling technology and has a phenomenal effect on collagen and elastin rejuvenation. Active ingredients from the products used are delivered to the deeper layers of the skin via the micro-channels. The small footprint of the device makes it ideal for treating hard to reach areas such as around the eyes, nose and mouth. The Dermapen™ is also effective in the reduction of the appearance of scarring and keloids, as well as the reduction of the appearance of pigmentation*.
This mechanism of injury doesn’t tear the skin like dermal rollers, which makes the Dermapen™ less traumatic to the skin. The treatment is performed by moving the pen over the skin, which creates several micro-channels. Your practitioner will numb your face with a topical anaesthetic before the treatment is done to minimize discomfort.
Full faceWhich areas can be treated?
- Localised areas on the body
How many sessions are recommended?
We recommend that you have 1 treatment once a month for 4 months, with a maintenance treatment every 6+ months.
Is there any downtime?
Depending on the depth of the treatment your downtime can vary from no downtime to 3-5 days downtime. You can expect some redness and swelling especially if your skin is sensitive or if we perform a very aggressive treatment for you. This can last anything from 2-5 days, once again depending on the depth of the treatment*.
Benefits of the Dermapen™ treatment
- Reduction of fine wrinkles*
- Softening of medium to deep wrinkles*
- Tightens slack skin*
- General rejuvenation of the skin*
- Reduction of stretch marks*
- Improvement of skin hydration*
- Improvement of skin quality, texture and appearance*
- Improve the appearance of scarring*
- Improve the appearance of pigmentation*
Contra-indications for the treatment
- Keloid scarring
- History of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
- History of actinic (solar) keratosis
- History of herpes simplex infection (need to go on preventative medicine before and after treatment)
- Presence of raised moles, warts or any raised lesion I the treatment area
- Scleroderma (connective tissue disease)
- Collagen vascular disease or cardiac abnormalities
- Rosacea and blood clotting
- Active bacterial or fungal infections
- Immune suppression
- Scars less than 6 months old
A course of 4x Dermapen™ treamtents for wrinkles (picture to the left)* and acne scarring (picture to the right)*
Please note results may vary per individual*
You can read more about the Dermapen™ on their website: http://dermapen.com/
Please note: you will need to consult with one of our qualified professional staff members to get a better idea of the number of treatments you will need for your specific condition, as well an indication of the ideal intervals between these treatments.