Threads with Silhouette Soft®
As you get older your skin loses the battle against ageing at an increasing rate. The sagging starts to set in, making you look worn, tired and aged. This is as a result of:
- Collagen and elastin degradation
- Loss of Hyaluronic Acid in your skin, and
- Environmental damage breaking down the matrix of your skin
So, to solve this issue, we bring Silhouette Soft® to you, our client in need.
What Is Silhouette Soft®?
Silhouette Soft® or threads, are sutures with cones attached to them. These sutures and cones are absorbable and safe to use. The suture is made up of Polylactic Acid (PLA). When inserted in your subcutaneous tissue, it causes an inflammatory reaction which stimulates fibroblast activity resulting in an increase in Collagen and Elastin production. The cones are made up of L-Lactic Acid and glycolic copolymer. They anchor the threads in the soft tissue and enable them to maintain the desired lift. Your body will form fibrous tissue along the path of the thread and cones resulting in long term lift after the Threads have dissolved. This takes place over a period of time to give you a more youthful and natural contour to your facial features.
The Double Action of Silhouette Soft®
How does it work?
A consult with one of our doctors is mandatory. During this consultation our Doctor will assess your skin, discuss your expectations and decide if you would be a suitable candidate for Threads. They will explain the procedure to you, Its desired results and potential side effects. They will answer all your question and inform you of the pre and post care. Your procedure date will then be booked with the doctor. It is recommended that you stop the use of aspirins, anti-inflammatories, Vit C & E and omegas, 3 days before your treatment as they can increase your chances of bruising. You will be required to sign a consent form before the treatment.
Before starting the procedure, the Doctor will measure and mark the entry points and vectors along which the threads need to pull. The procedure is done under strict sterile conditions. The doctor cleanses the skin in the area(s) she will be working on. She then injects a numbing agent at the entry and exit points to minimise discomfort. A fine micro needle is then “threaded” in the subcutaneous tissue. Once the entire thread is inserted the doctor will pull the cones into the desired position to give you your redefined and contoured result.
The doctor will give you a cold pack to apply to the treated areas straight after the treatment. This should be kept on the area for 5-10 minutes and helps minimise the swelling. You will feel tight for the next couple of days and you should avoid excessive facial expressions. You may have slight bruising, redness and swelling at the entry and exit points of the Threads. This will subside within a few days. You can use pain tablets if necessary. It is also recommended that you:
- Keep your head elevated for the first 3 nights and sleep face up for the first 5 nights
- Avoid rubbing your face and be gentle when washing/drying your face, applying make-up, shaving and washing your hair
- For 2 weeks avoid direct sunlight and tanning beds
- For 3 weeks avoid facials, aesthetic facial treatments, sports, saunas/hammams, dental surgery/work, excessive facial movement.
Pictures from Silhoutte Soft® – Before and after threads*
Please note that results vary per individual*
Is Silhouette Soft® for Me?
This treatment is recommended for men and women over 30 to improve signs of ageing. This is a non-surgical option and only after assessment by one of our doctors will it be determined if you are a suitable candidate for treads.
You should avoid treating with Silhouette Soft® if you are sensitive or allergic to:
- Any of the ingredients (Polylactic Acid, Polydioxanone, L-Lactidecaprolactone, Polyclycolic Acid)
For more information, you can:
- Visit the Silhouette Soft® website on http://silhouette-soft.com/
- Watch a procedural Video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuVnP2pNIXU
- Read our ‘Threads… YOUR lunch time face lift!’ blog on our website http://theaestheticscentre.co.za/2016/04/11/threads-your-lunch-time-face-lift/